Hart Reade are seeking to recruit a full time Legal Cashier for their busy Eastbourne office.
Reporting to the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) and the Head Cashier, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills; a high degree of accuracy; the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines; the ability to prioritise; be methodical with good organisational skills; and be computer literate and numerate.
In conjunction with the Head Cashier, the Legal Cashier’s aim is to provide an efficient accounting system and service to the firm. The role includes;
- Dealing with client monies in accordance with the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules
- Checking and recording bills
- Entering all necessary accounts into the finance software
- Checking and approving banking
- Ensuring compliance against our internal risk and compliance policies and procedures
- Understanding client ledgers
- Entering and preparing electronic payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Dealing with banking and producing cheques
- Taking card payments via telephone or in person
- Dealing with queries from across the firm
This role would suit someone with a desire to learn and seeking to progress their career.
Previous office experience, preferably in a financial environment would be preferred.
If you would like to be considered for the above position, please send your up to date CV and covering letter to Mrs. B Ticehurst, HR & Administration Manager, Hart Reade, 104 South Street, Eastbourne BN21 4LW, email@example.com.
Hart Reade are an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered from suitably qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. All applications will be acknowledged and considered on receipt.
Hart Reade take your privacy very seriously. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice as it contains important information about the personal data we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we will use and may share information about you during the application process.