This website is operated by Hart Reade Solicitors.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with
Who we are
- Hart Reade (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information). References to “our Website” or “the Website” are to www.hartreade.co.uk.
The information we collect about you
Personal information provided by you
- We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) when you complete one of the contact us forms on the website or sign up to our newsletter. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions).
Personal information provided by third parties
- Occasionally we receive information about you from other sources (such as WorldPay if you choose to make a payment via our website), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us complete your instructions.
Personal information about other individuals
- If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data (eg health information) should you provide this.
Sensitive personal information
- We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, for example if this is relevant to an enquiry you submit to us or part of your ongoing instructions. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
- your ethnic origin
- your political opinions
- your religious beliefs
- whether you belong to a trade union
- your physical or mental health or condition
- your sexual life, and
- whether you have committed a criminal offence.
We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Monitoring and recording communications
- We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of the user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build up a profile of our users. This data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually. This helps us to improve our website.
If you continue to use our website we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies from our website.
However, if you would prefer to change your cookie settings, you can do so at any time. Most browsers automatically accept cookies unless you change your internet browser settings. If you wish to restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by any websites, you can generally do this through your browser settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser.
If you set your internet browser preferences to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
How we will use the information about you
- We collect information about you so we can
- identify you and provide the services requested
- communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general
- progress your matter
- conduct research, statistical analysis or behavioural analysis
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you – see Marketing section below
- detect and prevent fraud
- customise our website and its content
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you
- improve our services
- We would like to send you information by post or email about our products and services, competitions and promotions which may be of interest to you.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant box when you complete a ‘contact us’ form.
If you have consented to receive such marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Who your information might be shared with
- We may disclose your personal data to:
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help unlawful activity
- our insurers
- external auditors
- regulatory bodies
Keeping your data secure
- We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example;
- restricted access
- use of passwords
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are processed by the secure WorldPay website and not stored on our website.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What can I do to keep my information safe?
- If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
- We will not transfer your information out of the EEA without obtaining your consent. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
- You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
You are entitled to this information free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if repetitive. We may also charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. The fee will be based on the administrative cost of providing this information to you.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
- You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg matter reference number, full name and address), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter.
- let us know the method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact your by email but not by post)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Compliance, Hart Reade, 104 South Street, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 4LW or telephone us on 01323 727321.
Do you need extra help?
- If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print) please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ above).
- By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.