We know that buying or selling your home can be a daunting prospect. Based in Eastbourne, Hailsham, Polegate and Meads in East Sussex, Hart Reade solicitors can assist you with all aspects of property conveyancing. Both with your sale and/or purchase, from the initial stages through to completion and beyond. To ensure that the process is smooth and as stress free as possible.
Conveyancing Solicitors in East Sussex
We have a team of qualified solicitors, qualified conveyancers and conveyancing assistants in East Sussex, all available to handle your transaction. However, responsibility for your matter will be with one named individual, so you always have a point of contact for your queries.
We also have excellent contacts with local independent estate agents and can advise you on the most suitable firm to market your property for you. We are always happy to offer advice and assistance with issues that may arise when viewing potential new homes as well.
An Overview of Buying and Selling
The guide below is to give you some indication of the procedures involved in a straightforward sale or purchase.
Once the estate agents have confirmed that your sale or purchase is agreed, and you have provided us with your identification documents, the initial process is as follows:-
- We submit various forms regarding the property to you for completion, which are then forwarded to the buyer’s solicitor, together with the draft contract and a copy of your title to the property.
- In conjunction with you we reply to any enquires that are raised.
- Hart Reade will review the draft contract and related paperwork received from the seller’s solicitor.
- We carry out appropriate searches against the property
- Raising any necessary enquiries with the seller’s solicitor
- We receive your mortgage offer from your lender and review their requirements (if applicable)
- We provide you with a detailed written report on the property
- Once you are happy with the property you will sign the contract and other documentation and we will ask you for a 10% deposit.
Exchange of Contracts
When everyone in the chain is ready contracts will be exchanged, which legally binds all parties in the chain to complete the transaction on an agreed date.
After Exchange of Contracts
After contracts are exchange we will deal with the following matters:-
- We approve the final legal documents including the transfer and arrange for you to sign this.
- Also, We prepare a completion statement for you detailing all financial aspects of the transaction.
- We prepare the final documents, including the Transfer, Stamp Duty Land Tax Return and a Mortgage Deed (if applicable).
- We prepare a completion statement detailing all financial aspects of the transaction.
On the day of completion the funds are transferred from the seller’s solicitor to the buyer’s solicitor and the seller or their estate agent then releases the keys to the buyer.
After completion on your purchase we will pay any Stamp Duty Land Tax due. The transfer and mortgage (if applicable) will be registered at the Land Registry. A copy of your title to the property will be sent to you once the registration has been completed.
Fees & Pricing
For an indication of our fees and pricing in respect of Residential Conveyancing please click here.
Please telephone our conveyancing team on 01323 727 321 if you have any questions on property conveyancing in East Sussex or property law or to arrange an appointment. Alternatively please complete the contact form below.