Challenging A Will

My Partner was supporting me financially prior to his death but makes no provision for me in his Will.  Is there anything I can do?

If you were living with your partner for 2 years prior to his death as ‘husband and wife’ or as ‘civil partners’ or if you were being maintained by your partner immediately before he died, then you may be able to make a claim under The Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, for his Will to be varied to provide you with reasonable financial provision.

It is important you seek legal advice as soon as possible as there are strict time limits for making such claims.

If you would like advice on challenging a Will please contact us.