One of our areas of speciality is dealing with issues specific to flats. We act for the freeholders of buildings/Landlords, leaseholders (flat owners) Managing Agents, Right to Manage Companies and Residents Associations. We are therefore well placed to provide balanced and experienced advice.
There are particular issues that can arise when you own a flat as they are subject to complex legislation which can often catch out the unwary and cause unexpected problems. We have the expertise to guide you through this. Our advice will always be clear and pragmatic.
Whether you are the owner of the building or the owner of the flat or involved in the management of the building, it is likely that at some point you are likely to experience at least one of the issues listed below which we can assist you with. Please click on the links below for more information.
For Flat owners:
- Extending or varying your lease
- Buying the freehold of your building
- Obtaining the Right to Manage your building
- Missing Freeholder/Landlord
For Freeholders, Landlords and Managing Agents of a building containing flats:
- Lease extensions and variations
- Selling your freehold/Forced to sell your Freehold
- Losing the Right to Manage your Building
- Dealing with requests from flat owners (Deeds of Covenant, Questionnaires, Licences, Assignments and Notices)
- Service charges
- Maintenance and disrepair/dilapidations issues
- Interpretation and Enforcement of Lease Terms – (e.g. disrepair and dilapidations)
- Possession, forfeiture, eviction, section 146 notices
- Short tenancies and licences eg assured shorthold tenancies, Rent Act/protected tenancies(including possession and deposit protection rules)
Please telephone the contact numbers below to arrange an appointment to
see one of our property solicitors.
We are particularly proud to be a member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners, the Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Lexcel which are badges of assurance to our clients that they will receive a consistently high level of service, integrity and professionalism from us.