Short Tenancies (including Assured Shorthold Tenancies and Rent Act/Protected Tenancies)
We provide practical and cost effective advice on all issues relating to residential tenancies. Hart Reade have a dedicated team of expert solicitors who specialise in this area of ever changing law. Acting for all kinds of clients including property managers, estate/letting agents, private landlords and tenants. This enables us to give balanced and experienced advice.
We are friendly, approachable and skilled in finding solutions to all sorts of problems. Our solicitors understand how disputes can affect you. As well as the need to minimise costs and loss of income. We have the resources and experience to resolve your matter in a quick and cost effective way. Offering competitive fees with a comprehensive service.
We deal with both contentious and non-contentious issues and will agree a strategy with you at the outset. Negotiating or mediating on your behalf with the other party. We look at alternatives to Court/Tribunal proceedings but If the matter has to proceed to a Court or Tribunal then we have skill and experience to deal with all aspects of the Court/Tribunal process for you.
Hart Reade stress the importance of getting the matter right at the outset to give you the opportunity of the best outcome. If you are a Landlord, you do not want to face a claim from your tenant for unlawful eviction or for compensation because you did not protect the deposit. Landlord and Tenant Law is highly regulated and it is imperative that you follow the correct procedures or it could have costly consequences for you.
How we can help
We advise on all aspects of Landlord and Tenant law including:-
- Drafting and reviewing tenancy agreements
- Advising on a landlord’s legal obligations/responsibilities when renting out property
- Identifying tenancies/status of tenants e.g. Rent Act, Assured, Assured Shorthold, Licensee etc and the tenants legal rights
- Ending tenancies/ serving section 8 and section 21 notices
- Eviction and possession
- Disputes with tenants
- rent arrears recovery
- Breach of tenancy
- Repair obligations/disrepair claims
- Problem tenants
- Advising on tenant’s deposits
- Succession rights under Rent Act tenancies
- Buying out/negotiating with a Rent Act tenant
- Providing full representation in a claim against a tenant or by a tenant
- Houses in Multiple Occupation
Please telephone the contact numbers below to arrange an appointment to
see one of our property solicitors.
We are particularly proud to be a member of the Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners, the Conveyancing Quality Scheme and Lexcel which are badges of assurance to our clients that they will receive a consistently high level of service, integrity and professionalism from us.