Please note that no sale of products or services takes place on our website. Any agreement to provide legal services will be governed by separate terms and conditions in addition to these terms and will be provided to you separately.
1. Hart Reade is a partnership and is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)—SRA number 050799.
2. We maintain professional indemnity insurance in accordance with our regulatory obligations as imposed by the SRA. Details of our professional indemnity insurance are available for inspection at our offices and/or on request.
3. The Site is made available to you by us. While we make every effort to ensure that the Site is available, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee in any way the Site’s continued availability at all times or uninterrupted use by you of the Site. We reserve the right to suspend or cease the operation of the Site from time to time at our sole discretion.
4. As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree:
5. We reserve the right to prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with any part of these terms and conditions or any applicable law.
6. The Site and all content within the Site is owned and operated by us. We reserve all rights.
7. The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, revise, perform, reproduce, publish, license, deep-link, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or content obtained from the Site unless expressly authorised by us.
8. Any intellectual property rights (including without limitation all patents, copyright, database rights and trademarks (whether registered or unregistered)) subsisting in any content or material on the Site belong to us. All rights are reserved for the benefit of ourselves. Nothing in these terms and conditions grants you any rights in the Site or the content within the Site.
9. While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, we do not represent, warrant or promise (whether express or implied) that any information is or remains accurate, complete and up to date, or fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance you place on the information on the Site is at your own risk. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall operate to prejudice any mandatory statutory requirement or your statutory rights.
10. Content on the Site is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites which may be of interest. It does not constitute technical, financial, legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any other purposes.
11. The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to external third party websites. Any such hyperlink or reference is provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. T he display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
12. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity in all our dealings with clients, third parties and employees. Please contact us if you would like a copy of our Equality and Equal Opportunities policy.
13. You agree that your use of the Site is on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Consequently we make no representations, warranties, conditions or other terms (whether express or implied) in relation to the provision of the Site, including without limitation as to its completeness, accuracy and currency of any content and information on the Site, or as to satisfactory quality or fitness for particular purpose.
14. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort, breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which we may otherwise have to you as a result of:
15. Under no circumstances shall we be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered (including without limitation direct or indirect losses) arising from your use of, or reliance on, the Site.
16. We do not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for any fraudulent misrepresentation made by us on the Site or for any other statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded.
17. If you are in breach of any of these terms and conditions, you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless in respect of any costs, expenses, claims, proceedings, actions, losses, damages or liabilities incurred by us in relation to or arising from such a breach.
18. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions from time to time without notifying you. By continuing to use and access the Site you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions from time to time to verify such variations.
19. These terms and conditions contain the entire understanding and agreement between us and you in relation to your use of the Site and supersedes and replaces any representation, statement or other communication (whether written or otherwise) made by you or us which is not contained herein.
20. Should any part of these terms and conditions for any reason be declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, it shall be deemed to be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions.
21. These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
22. There may be occasions whereby we offer services through our website or by other electronic means and you then enter a contract with us through our website, or by other electronic means.
If you have entered into an online contract as above, and have concerns about our service that have not been resolved by our internal complaints policy (as detailed in our Terms of Business), you can visit the EU Online Dispute Resolution Platform (http://ec.europa.eu/odr). Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.