Hart Reade are expert property conveyancing solicitors in Eastbourne and can assist with your sale and/or purchase from the initial stages through to completion and beyond to ensure that the process is smooth and as stress free as possible. We know that buying or selling your home can be a daunting prospect and this is where we can help you.
We have a team of conveyancing assistants, qualified conveyancers and solicitors available to handle your transaction. We are also based in Hailsham and Polegate, so can assist you from any of these locations.
Responsibility for your property transaction will always be with one named individual only, so you always have a point of contact for your queries.
An Overview of Buying and Selling
The guide below is to give you some indication of the procedures involved in a straightforward sale or purchase.
We have excellent contacts with local independent estate agents and can advise you on the most suitable firm to market your property for you. Once the estate agents have confirmed that your sale or purchase is agreed the initial process is as follows:-
Sale of your property
- We submit various forms regarding the property to you for completion, which are then forwarded to the buyer’s solicitor, together with the draft contract and a copy of your title to the property.
- In conjunction with you we reply to any enquiries that are raised.
Purchase of the new property
- We review the draft contract and related paperwork received from the seller’s solicitor.
- We carry out appropriate searches against the property
- We raise any necessary enquiries with the seller’s solicitor
- We receive your mortgage offer from your lender and review their requirements (if applicable)
- We provide you with a detailed written report on the property
- Once you are happy with the property you will sign the contract and other documentation and we will ask you for a 10% deposit.
When everyone in the chain is ready contracts will be exchanged, which legally binds all parties in the chain to complete the transaction on an agreed date.
After contracts are exchanged we will deal with the following matters:-
- We approve the final legal documents including the transfer and arrange for you to sign this.
- We prepare a completion statement for you detailing all financial aspects of the transaction.
- We prepare the final documents, including the Transfer, Stamp Duty Land Tax Return and a Mortgage Deed (if applicable).
- We prepare a completion statement detailing all financial aspects of the transaction.
On the day of completion the funds are transferred from the seller’s solicitor to the buyer’s solicitor and the seller or their estate agent then releases the keys to the buyer. After completion the transfer and other documents that relate to the property will be sent to the buyer’s solicitor who will pay any stamp duty land tax due and register the transfer and mortgage (if applicable) at the Land Registry. A copy of your title to the property will be sent to you once the registration has been completed.
The contacts on the right are the conveyancing solicitors with their teams who will help you in Eastbourne. Please take a look at the full list of all our property conveyancing solicitors, if you would like to work with a solicitor from Meads, Hailsham or Polegate.