Family, Divorce and Children
Mr Justice Ryder, Judge in Charge of the Modernisation of Family Justice, has published his report ‘Judicial proposals for the modernisation of family justice’. The report highlights proposed solutions to the problems identified in the Family Justice Review.
The key points of the report include;
- The single Family Court will be the vehicle of a significant change of culture. This will be characterised by strong judicial leadership and case management of proceedings based on evidence and research
- The effective management of resources will help to reduce delay and improve continuity and listing
- A framework of good practice will highlight materials to be used to improve the outcome for children
- More help for litigants acting for themselves to achieve fairness to all parties
- Consideration should be given to how the voice of a child is heard in family proceedings.
- The High Court’s jurisdiction will be preserved.
The modernisation programme will take place in phases over the next two years.
If you would like advice on divorce proceedings, children or how we can act for you on a consultancy basis please contact our Family Law Department for a free initial appointment on Eastbourne 01323 727321 or Hailsham 01323 841481.