We understand that losing someone close to you will be a difficult time. At some point however you will want to establish what happens to your loved one’s property. In ascertaining this you will need to find out whether your loved one made a Will. Your loved one may have told you they made a Will and where that Will is held. If they have not told you this then you will need to make some investigations. Those investigations can include:-
- Speaking to your loved one’s family and friends.
- Speaking to your loved one’s solicitor.
- Checking the Certainty National Will Register. Some solicitors sign up to this when they prepare Wills.
- Carrying out a general search at the District Probate Registry to obtain a copy of the documents which it may hold e.g. a Grant and Will.
- Carrying out a standing search at the District Probate Registry which is an ongoing search entitling you to a copy of the Grant and Will when it is issued.
If you would like advice on finding out whether your loved one made a Will or any other related issues we can help. Please contact us.