What Measures Can Be Put In Place When I Attend Court To Ensure I Do Not Suffer Any Further Harm?

Supreme Court

Court’s duty

The Court’s duty to consider special measures/participation directions starts when the Court proceedings are issued and continue to the conclusion of the matter.

What special measures can be put in place?

The Family Procedure Rules set out the ‘measures’ that may be made by the Court to ensure a party who is, or is at risk of becoming, a victim of domestic abuse, can attend Court without suffering any further harm. These measures include directions:

Supreme Court

How do I request special measures?

When a party issues a Court application, they will be asked whether they require any special measures. Alternatively, a party can make a request for special measures at any time during the proceedings by making a separate application to the Court. Any application for special measures should include:

The Court can make an Order for special measures on its own initiative.

Get in Touch

If you want to speak to someone about any family related matter, then please get in touch. Call for an initial consultation on 01323 727321, or fill in the form below.

Please click here to fill in our contact form

Please note the above is for information purposes only and is intended to be a short summary.  It should not be treated as a comprehensive guide and should not be acted on without qualified legal advice.